Are you someone with an aptitude for mechanics, a self-starter looking to jumpstart your career? Are you intrigued by the possibility of becoming an Artisan, specifically a Tractor Mechanic or an Earthmoving Mechanic? Look no further! AFGRI Equipment, a leader in mechanisation and services, is offering an opportunity you simply cannot miss—an exciting apprenticeship training program at various branches across South Africa.
What is the AFGRI Apprenticeship Program All About?
This intensive program spans three years of in-service training, meticulously designed to refine your skills and turn you into a market-ready Artisan. The first six months serve as a probationary period, allowing both you and the company to assess whether the partnership would be mutually beneficial in the long run. After this period, you’ll be formally bound by an AFGRI contract to commence your specialized training.
- Practical Training Institute: Hands-on training in different phases as needed.
- College & Distance Learning: Coursework to complement practical knowledge, potentially including Saturday classes.
- Product Training: Conducted at the John Deere Training Facility in Boksburg and other suppliers, along with internal training by AFGRI’s own specialists.
What’s the Catch?
There’s hardly one! Training costs are waived if you successfully pass each stage. However, should you fail any part of the training, the redo will be at your own expense. The contract holds for three years and could stretch to a maximum of four years if you haven’t qualified by then. Also, expect to work back the time you took to qualify as part of your contractual agreement with AFGRI.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Technical: Repair and maintenance of agricultural or earthmoving equipment.
- Administrative: Stock control and customer service.
- Miscellaneous: General workplace duties.
Are You Eligible?
- Valid driver’s license
- Strong communication and administrative skills
- Computer literacy
- Academic qualifications in specific subjects
Note: If you don’t have the required N2 subjects, your Matric Certificate could still make you eligible for the program. Plus, AFGRI offers sponsored education for those who lack these qualifications.
- Highly motivated
- Attention to detail
- Team player
The application process demands your utmost attention and could take up to 60 minutes to complete, along with additional time for assessment questions. Applications close on 15th October 2023.
What Awaits You at the Finish Line?
- A certified qualification in a highly specialized field.
- A network of experienced professionals and mentors.
- A promising career in a thriving industry.
Ready to kick-start your career in mechanics? The AFGRI Apprenticeship Program is a golden chance to learn from the best in the industry while gaining practical skills that will set you apart in the job market. So why wait? Visit AFGRI’s application page now and secure your future today!